Markus Neteler, a founding-member of the FOSSGIS.de (D-A-CH), GFOSS.it (Italy), and the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo), has been head of the GIS and Remote Sensing Unit at the Research and Innovation Centre of the Fondazione Edmund Mach, Trento, Italy. Since 2016, he is general director and partner at mundialis GmbH & Co. KG, Bonn, Germany.
He is author of several books and chapters on GRASS and various papers on GIS applications. Being passionate about Open Source GIS, he became a GRASS GIS user in 1993 and a developer in 1997, coordinating its development since then as Project Steering Commitee chairman. In September 2006, he was honored with the Sol Katz Award for Geospatial Free and Open Source Software (GFOSS). In 2010, he earned the degree of a Doctor of Natural Science (Dr. rer. nat.) in Physical Geography.
Contact me at: <email@example.com>
- Personal homepage
- Company homepage at mundialis GmbH & Co. KG
- Github page
- Researcher IDs: ORCID, ISI, Scopus, Microsoft-Academic, Google Scholar
- My consulting offers: GIS, Remote Sensing, High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Presentations at slideshare
- OSGeo homepage
- Ohloh statistics (software development)